DENTSPLY International Inc. (hereinafter “DENTSPLY International”) maintains this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication.
Last Modified: 08/18/2014
DENTSPLY International takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we do gather certain types of information from visitors to the Site, we have developed a privacy statement to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This statement discloses the types of information we gather, how it is used, and how you can edit any data that we've collected about you at any time.
Guiding Principles. DENTSPLY International respects the privacy of individuals who visit the Site, send us email, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
· DENTSPLY International maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. Subscribers to our email services or any other feature/service found on the Site will not receive unsolicited email messages from DENTSPLY International.
· DENTSPLY International collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on the Site. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
· DENTSPLY International will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
· DENTSPLY International will not share any information you have provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you have requested. At the time you register for any such service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your information with any particular third party necessary to the provision of the requested service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Any time you visit the Site, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access the Site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, (i.e. the unique number used to identify your computer) and any search engine you may have used to locate the Site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Site, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, DENTSPLY International gathers certain navigational information about where you go on the Site. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Site are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the Site to the needs and interests of our online visitors. In addition, this tracking data may be used to tailor information presented to you on our Site based on your previous use of the Site and your interests in particular topics.
How We Communicate with You. DENTSPLY International may send authorized communications to you on the basis of the information you provide to us through email or regular mail. We will not contact you by telephone, fax, or other means unless you have explicitly requested us to contact you in response to a specific enquiry, or request, or to arrange an appointment. You may also opt-out of email and regular mail communications from us at any time (see the “Opt-Out Procedures” section below)
Disclosure of Personal Information. DENTSPLY International understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our customers for the use of DENTSPLY International and its subsidiaries. We do not sell, rent, or trade customer information to third parties, other than as described below, and never without your consent:
· Business Partners: DENTSPLY International may partner with select distributors and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to Site visitors. As part of such a relationship, DENTSPLY International may share with these companies the use of certain interactive website functions (e.g. email). Information provided by Site visitors through the use of such interactive functions may be available to both DENTSPLY International and its partners.
· Agents: DENTSPLY International may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering email services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or Site visitors will never receive unsolicited email messages from agents working on our behalf.
· Business Transfers: In the event that DENTSPLY International sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of DENTSPLY International are acquired, information of the types listed in the “Information Collected” section above may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
· Compliance with Law/Safety: DENTSPLY International may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Site, the Sites itself, or the public.
Policies on Children. Please note: this Site is not to be used by people who are younger than 18 years old.
Accessing the Site from outside of the US. If you are visiting the Site from a location outside of the US, your connection will be through and to servers located in the US. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the US.
Passwords. The personal data record created through your registration with the Site can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Public Careers. The Site may make chat rooms, careers, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
Opt-Out Procedures. You may always opt out of receiving future communications from DENTSPLY International. Our Site allows users to opt-out of receiving such communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other means as identified.
Correcting, Updating and Removing Information. DENTSPLY International supports the individual's right to protect their privacy. Accordingly, you may update, modify or remove this information at any time by doing any of the following:
· Sending your request by email to: email@example.com
· Visiting the following URL: www.dentsply.com and using the information on the “Contact Us” page
· Calling us at (717) 845-7511